Monday, June 24, 2013

FOTD

FOTD

I decided to do a Face of the Day on my blog I have seen EmilyNoel83 from Youtube do it on her blog so that got me going to do it on mine! 

Here is the look:

I look so pale here but lighting from the window wasn't that great :( I experiment with my makeup every time their is only a few times I use the same colors but overall I like trying out different looks, I forgot to get a picture of a close up of my eyes next I will remember! Onto the Products! 


First the face products, I of course started out with moisturizing my face then I put the Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002 from Rimmel on I really like this primer I heard about this from Kristingehm (youtube) so I saw it on sale and bought it. I would buy it when I run out love it. I then put on Rimmel's BB cream in light on it's ok it's the only BB cream I have tried out so I can't compare it to anything else right now, I have dry skin and it can stick to some patches of dry skin so this one might be better suited for oily skin. 

I took Rimmel's Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter under my eyes and patted it in I have it in 125 Fair it's a nice concealer for under the eyes it does a good job highlighting but no so much for concealing. I used E.L.F's Cover Everything Concealer in 23142 light to cover some spots on my face for a cheap concealer it does what it needs to but if you have bad blemishes then you would need a better concealer. 
I used Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder in 012 Buff Beige to powder my face. This will be a repurchase when I am close to out. 
I then took E.L.F's Golden Bronzer in 83703 Golden as a all over face bronzer and took it down the neck I really like this bronzer brings a nice subtle warm glow to your face. 
As a contour I used NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in 720A Sunny I love this Bronzer the perfect color to contour with for me. 
And the I put my blush on the NYX Blush in PB23 Espresso that I had gotten in my June bag from IPSY, this blush is so pigmented so pretty i love it I am so happy with this blush it is the perfect summer color A must have in your collection. Last face product I used was also from my IPSY bag and that is the Highlighter from Chella in Ivory Lace I put it above my blush on the bridge of my nose and on the cupid's bow and i didn't see much going on the cheeks maybe I just need to add more I don't know I will keep trying it out. But you could tell on the cupids bow it defined it better.

I primed my eyes with E.L.F's eyelid primer in #7501 Sheer it's a dollar it does the job. On top of that i used Maybelline color tattoo in 35 Tough as Taupe all over the lid I don't use this color a lot it is a dark taupe i sometimes used this as a liner which it is great for but I wanted to use it today as my base color. To lighten it up some I used E.L.F's Mineral Eyeshadow in Enchanting it's a matte light brown. 
In the crease and the brow bone I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in 70 Barely Branded as a base color, I love this color it will be a repurchase. As a shadow on top to bring some color on the lid and I used another color in the quad in my crease and outer V to darken it up and define I used Flower Beauty Shadow Play Eyeshadow Quad in EQ3 Foxy Browns. I used the pink color in this quad on the lid and the darker brownish taupe color in the crease and outer V. As a transition color I used the trio from WNW Walking on Eggshells the crease color i used that and as a brow bone highlight I used the browbone color in the trio. 
For a liner for my eyes and underneath my eyes i used the WNW palette in 33767 I love Matte the dark black eyeshadow to line my eyes with. And as you can see it did an awesome job at that.
As eyeliner to tightline with I used the Avon's Kohl eye liner in plum I don't really like this liner I am just trying to use it up.
As a liner on my water line I used Avon's Ultra Luxury eye liner in U01 Black, this is a great pencil black liner for the water line I will repurchase this when I am out and I would love to get other colors. 

For my lashes I used revlon's eyelash curler it fits my eyes i like it.
And to help my eyelashes a little more I used E.L.F's mascara Primer I love this I use it every time it gives me more volume and separation I love it, I am almost out I need to get me another one. 
As mascara I used Rimmel's ScandaleEyes Show Off Mascara in 001 Black. Ok I have had a hate/like not love like of this mascara. At first I didn't like it, it was messy a really wet formula and the wand is weirdly shaped so I had to learn how to use it lol.

 But after all that I wan't getting it all over the place and I found it does lengthen and give some volume also doesn't clump on me but I don't love it because it does not give me dramatic lashes like it lets on. 
My favorite mascara is from Avon and it's the Supershock mascara now that gives you super dramatic eyelashes!!! I was just wanting to try something else out I got others to go through but I will buy the Avon's macara again in the store i have found it to be only 4.99 in the brochure it's 8.99!  Ok enough about that. 

On my lips I used the lip pencil I got in my IPSY bag from Starlooks in K308 Bare I wanted to pare it with Maybelline Vivid lipstick in 870 Shocking Coral as you can see in the picture it turned it into a raspberry rose color I was very surprised! When I first put on the lipliner it turned them grey.... i was worried but then i had the idea to try a bright lipstick with it and this is the result I love this combo I am going to try it with other bright lipsticks I have. 

That is my first FOTD on this blog hopefully not the last! I hope everyone has a wonderful Day thanks!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment